Thursday 25 June 2009

Spirit (Stamp something challenge)


Stamp Something is running a colour challenge this week. They want you to "just add" some colour! Please create a project using only black, white, and ONE colour!!!
I have chosen brown and its shades.
I have found this lovely photo in an antique shop when we recently went to Lechlade to look for an antique desk for my husband. This young girl looks very spirited and feisty. There is no name on it, but I called her Mabel. :)
For the challenge card I used 3 different stamps: two from Tim Holtz collection (for the background in black and brown) and a little Spirit stamp (company??). I also dipped a piece of lace in coffee to make it look older than it is. Brads are BG Archaic. The little charm is actually an earring from Sainsbury's. As a magpie I was attracted to its shiny stone, even if I don't wear earrings, but I knew they'd come useful one day. :)

4 comments:

Chris said...

This is lovely, Galina. I love the vintage style. The earrings were a fab find.

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

'Mabel' looks full of spirit doesnt she. The composition is great too- the brad above the earring is a perfect touch.

Kaz said...

bautiful card Galina, I love your chosen colours and that e-ring is perfect!!

Anonymous said...

I love this card Galina! The TH background stamp is fabulous, and Mabel was my grandmother's name.

Lynn x